For 2018, Scout receives a new look and improved performance. Cartridge fork front suspension and Pirelli tires are now standard on Scout.
Passenger accommodations, including a genuine leather passenger seat and pegs, are also standard.
Scout® will be available in two new colors: Metallic Jade and Willow Green over Ivory Cream (ABS). It will continue to be offered in Thunder
Black, Burgundy Metallic (ABS) and Brilliant Blue over White (ABS).
2018 Indian Scout Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
YOUR LEGEND STARTS HERE
Be an original, on the original.
2018 Indian Scout Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
With the Indian Scout, there’s no limit to your legend. A 100-horsepower V-Twin powerhouse. Cartridge fork front suspension. Pirelli tires. And a lightweight, expertly balanced chassis that delivers an unmatched, agile ride. It follows the same design principles that made the original Indian Scout so iconic. Our heritage comes with a legacy. So does this bike.
- 69 Cubic Inch V-Twin Engine: The 100 horsepower V-Twin delivers innovative styling, a soul-stirring exhaust note and amazing throttle response. With reliable, efficient liquid cooling that provides outstanding performance in all riding conditions.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame was inspired by the geometry of the original 1920s Scout.
- Fleet-Sided Fenders: The Scout features fleet-sided fenders inspired by the original Scout.
- Heritage-inspired Headlight Design: Today’s Scout remains true to its rich legacy by featuring a headlight design inspired by the original.
- Lightweight Chassis: With its lightweight chassis, the Scout delivers sporty, responsive handling. A low center of gravity and a solid-mounted engine provides smooth, predictable handling at all speeds.
- Modern Technology: Today’s Scout features modern technology that ensures a consistently outstanding experience: Electronic fuel injection for optimum engine performance; Engine counter-balancing for best-in-class ride; A 6-speed transmission for smooth operation; Reliable, efficient liquid cooling.
- Low Speed Handling and Maneuverability: A low center of gravity and a low seat height of 25.3″ mean impressive low-speed handling and maneuverability .
- Liquid-Cooled Performance: The Scout was reborn for the 21st century with a modern, liquid-cooled V-Twin that opens up on the open road.
- Accessories for the Perfect Fit: Combine the current Scout design with Authentic Indian Motorcycle® accessories, and this bike can accommodate just about any rider, from 5’0” – 6’4”.
- Genuine Leather Seats: Styled after the original Scout, the driver and passenger seats have the ideal mix of cushion and support. And they’re covered in premium Desert Tan leather that’s designed to withstand the elements.
- Best-In-Class Handling: The Scout has a confidence-inspiring lean angle that both new and experienced riders will appreciate. This, combined with the bike’s low center of gravity, provides exceptional high and low speed maneuverability.
2018 Indian Scout – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11499 to $12999 USD
Engine TypeLiquid-Cooled V-Twin
Displacement69 cu in
Electronic Fuel Injection SystemClosed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
Primary DriveGear Drive Wet Clutch
Final Drive2.357 : 1
Horsepower100 hp (74.7 kW)
Peak Torque72 ft-lbs (97.7 Nm)
Peak Torque RPM6000 rpm
GEAR RATIO (OVERALL)
1st10.926 : 1
2nd7.427 : 1
3rd5.918 : 1
4th5.022 : 1
5th4.439 : 1
6th4.087 : 1
Suspension: Front – Type/TravelTelescopic Fork / 4.7 in (120 mm) – Cartridge Type
Suspension: Rear – Type/TravelDual Shocks / 3.0 in (76 mm)
Brakes/FrontSingle / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
Brakes/RearSingle / 298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
Wheels/FrontCast 16 in x 3.5 in
Wheels/RearCast 16 in x 3.5 in
ExhaustSplit Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
Wheelbase61.5 in (1562 mm)
Seat Height25.3 in (643 mm)
Ground Clearance5.3 in (135 mm)
Overall Height47.5 in (1207 mm)
Overall Length91 in (2311 mm)
Overall Width34.6 in (880 mm)
Trail4.7 in (119.9 mm)
Fuel Capacity3.3 gal (12.5 l)
GVWR988 lbs (449 kg)
Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel)528 lbs / 550 lbs (239 kg / 249 kg)
Color / GraphicsThunder Black
LightsHeadlight, tail/brake light, turn signals, license plate light, and speedometer and indicator lights
GaugesDigital tachometer, odometer, trip meter, engine temp, and low fuel lamp